A southern-fried treat using Cauliflower instead of chicken, and air-frying to eliminate the oil. Same great taste, only a whole lot healthier. Move over Col. Sanders, there's a new kid in town!
- 1 bag Frozen Cauliflower ((12 oz bag))
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice ((or ACV))
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour ((chickpea))
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tbs Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Dried Mustard
- 1 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Ground Thyme
- 3 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl, then spread evenly in a flat, shallow pan for dredging. Set aside.
- If not using gravy - you can skip this section. Otherwise:
- Whisk all dry gravy ingredients together and then pour into a large skillet.
- Toast dry ingredients for 1-2 minutes over med-low heat, then slowly stir in 3 cups of almond milk.
- Whisk to remove any lumps and stir often as it begins to thicken.
- Once gravy has thickened to a thick, gravy-like consistency, remove from heat and set aside. ( It will thicken even more - thin with more almond milk if necessary)
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Also whisk either lemon juice or vinegar into almond milk to make the 'buttermilk'. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a flat, shallow pan.
- With one hand, place several pieces of cauliflower into the wet batter and turn to coat evenly, then place them into the breading.
- Using your OTHER hand, sprinkle breading on battered pieces and turn to coat evenly before placing into Air Fryer Basket. (or cookie sheet)
- Air Fryer / Convection Oven:
Air fry at 390 degrees F for 20 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and shake.
- Regular Oven:
Bake at 390 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Check and flip/turn every 10 minutes until crispy. This may take longer.
Serve with Cream Gravy for dipping, or your favorite dressing.
Tips are always appreciated!