This Low Fat Vegan Gazpacho is perfect for those hot summer days when it’s just too hot to cook. No added oil and all you need is a blender and a bowl.
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 28 oz can organic, crushed tomatoes (or 4–5 fresh)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 can chopped green chiles (4oz)
- 1 Tbs lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs (or more) freshly chopped cilantro
- Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, salt, and oregano to a blender.
- Puree until smooth and add to a large bowl.
- If using fresh tomatoes, peel, core, and remove seeds before chopping.
- Otherwise, add the canned tomatoes and stir.
- Add onion, bell pepper, English cucumber, and chiles and stir
- Add lime juice,balsamic, and cilantro and mix well
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour
- Taste for seasoning and serve
Keywords: low fat vegan gazpacho