There’s just something about a hot bowl of Noodle Soup when you’re not feeling well. So I created the ULTIMATE comfort food – my Mushroom Noodle Soup.
- 1 small onion (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 ribs celery (1 cup)
- 2 carrots (1 cup)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 oz dried pasta
- 1 Tbs white miso
- Dice onion and add to a large soup pan/dutch oven. Saute in a splash of water or veg broth.
- Add sliced carrots and celery and saute until softened.
- Add garlic, thyme, sage, and pepper and stir until aromatic – about 3o seconds.
- Add sliced mushrooms and simmer until softened and they have released their liquid
- Add veg broth, poultry seasoning, salt, and bay leaf. Cover and increase heat to simmer.
- Let soup simmer, covered, for 30 minutes
- Remove 1/2 cup of soup broth and set aside.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente – about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add miso to the 1/2 cup soup broth and whisk until dissolved, stir into soup.
- Add salt and/or pepper to taste and serve.
Keywords: mushroom noodle soup