Here is a simple recipe for an Oil-Free Broccoli Mushroom Stir Fry that I made in my Wok. Simple & delicious. Who says you can’t stir fry without oil?
- 3 Tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Red Chile Flakes
- 1/2 White Onion, diced
- 1 Tbs Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger, minced
- 16oz White Button Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 lb fresh Broccoli, stems removed and florets rinsed (about 9 oz)
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- Prep all ingredients before cooking. Chop the broccoli, dice the onion, slice the mushrooms, mince the garlic & ginger, etc.
- Add the soy sauce and pepper flakes to a cold Wok (or fry pan) and heat to med-high.
- JUST when the soy sauce begins to boil, add the onions and stir until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 30 seconds
- Add the mushrooms and continue stirring. Season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Prepare broccoli while mushrooms are cooking via steaming or by microwaving for 2 1/2 min in a covered bowl.
- When the mushrooms have reduced in size by about half, add red bell pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and continue stirring until broccoli is just heated through but with some crunch left
- Stir in spinach until wilted and serve.
Keywords: oil free, broccoli mushroom stir fry, no oil wok