Looking for a PERFECT brown rice recipe for your Instant Pot? Then you have got to try this Instant Pot Veggie Rice. Perfect consistency and tastes amazing.
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 2–3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice *
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp yellow curry powder **
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
* I used Uncle Bens whole grain, brown rice
** I used Olde Thompson Yellow Curry Powder
- Place rice in a fine sieve and rinse thoroughly, set aside to drain.
- Dice onion and carrot and add to your instant pot.
- Add a few tablespoons of water or broth
- Set your IP to SAUTE mode (my IP DUO has a ‘less’ setting)
- Stir frequently until onions start to turn translucent
- Add garlic and rice – continue sautéing for another 30 seconds.
- Press the KEEP WARM/CANCEL button – and then add the salt, curry powder, and broth
- Stir thoroughly and attach lid, ensuring valve is set to SEALING
- Set IP to MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK mode and set timer for 24 min
- Let IP naturally release pressure (NPR) for 10 minutes then carefully vent any remaining pressure
- Add frozen peas and fluff with a fork
Keywords: instant pot brown rice, instant pot veggie rice, indian brown rice