No bottled sauce or salsa comes close to the taste of something you made yourself with good, fresh, quality ingredients, like this Easy Pico de Gallo.
- 24-32 oz cherry and/or grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1-2 diced jalapenos
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp lime zest
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt - or to taste
- Slice tomatoes into small halves or fourths. Place in strainer to drain.
- Add 1 cup finely diced red onion to a large bowl
- Add green onions and mix
- Add jalapenos and mix. Note: If you like it spicy, leave the seeds and membranes in one or both jalapenos. And if you REALLY like it hot - sub in a Serrano or Habanero Pepper)
- Add cilantro and mix.
- Add drained tomatoes and mix.
- Add lime juice, lime zest, and mix.
- Add oregano and salt and adjust to taste.
Keywords: pico de gallo, salsa