- 6 Tomatillos (husk removed)
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Jalapeno
- 3 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 White Onion (quartered)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Chopped Green Chiles (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro (packed)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and cut them in half. Arrange them on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the Jalapeño, Green Bell Pepper, and Poblano in half. Remove the stems, membranes, and seeds. Wear gloves to avoid getting seed oil on hands and/or in eyes - it DOES burn. Arrange peppers on cookie sheet with tomatillos.
- Roast or broil the pepper for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. Use your regular oven broiler, toaster oven, or even a grill....you just want to char (blacken) the skins a little.
- While peppers are roasting, add soy curls to a large bowl. Add just enough hot water to barely cover (or a little less) and add soy sauce and poultry seasoning. Mix well and set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the onion directly into your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Also add the peeled garlic, red bell pepper, green chiles, and vegetable broth.
- When the peppers are finished roasting, add them into the IP and attach lid. Make sure lid is SEALED and set to MANUAL for 5 minutes. Allow to naturally vent or carefully do a quick release. NOTE: For SPICY Salsa add the entire Japaleno - for MILD just add half.
- Add cilantro, salt, and cumin, and either using an immersion blender (preferred) or a normal blender, blend contents of IP to a salsa like consistency. Smooth or chunky - your choice.
- Drain soy curls and squeeze out any excess moisture. For a shredded texture, chop soy curls using a sharp knife and cutting board, otherwise add them directly into the IP with the salsa.
- Re-attach lid, re-set to SEALING, and cook on MANUAL for an additional 5 minutes. Again, either allow to vent naturally or do a quick release.
- Add lime juice and stir.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes.
Serve with your choice of tortillas. Garnish with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, or slices of avocado. Goes great with my Instant Pot Spanish Rice and/or Instant Pot Refried Beans.