- 6 Tomatillos (husk removed)
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Jalapeno
- 3 cups Butler Soy Curls
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1 White Onion (quartered)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Chopped Green Chiles (8 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro (packed)
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and cut them in half. Arrange them on a cookie sheet.
- Cut the Jalapeño, Green Bell Pepper, and Poblano in half. Remove the stems, membranes, and seeds. Wear gloves to avoid getting seed oil on hands and/or in eyes - it DOES burn. Arrange peppers on cookie sheet with tomatillos.
- Roast or broil the pepper for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. Use your regular oven broiler, toaster oven, or even a grill....you just want to char (blacken) the skins a little.
- While peppers are roasting, add soy curls to a large bowl. Add just enough hot water to barely cover (or a little less) and add soy sauce and poultry seasoning. Mix well and set aside, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the onion directly into your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Also add the peeled garlic, red bell pepper, green chiles, and vegetable broth.
- When the peppers are finished roasting, add them into the IP and attach lid. Make sure lid is SEALED and set to MANUAL for 5 minutes. Allow to naturally vent or carefully do a quick release. NOTE: For SPICY Salsa add the entire Japaleno - for MILD just add half.
- Add cilantro, salt, and cumin, and either using an immersion blender (preferred) or a normal blender, blend contents of IP to a salsa like consistency. Smooth or chunky - your choice.
- Drain soy curls and squeeze out any excess moisture. For a shredded texture, chop soy curls using a sharp knife and cutting board, otherwise add them directly into the IP with the salsa.
- Re-attach lid, re-set to SEALING, and cook on MANUAL for an additional 5 minutes. Again, either allow to vent naturally or do a quick release.
- Add lime juice and stir.
- Serve with your choice of garnishes.