Sometimes you just want something simple to eat. Something easy, tasty, and nutritious which is exactly why I made this very easy and Simple Vegetable Soup.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 5 oz frozen green beans
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, 28oz
- 10 oz bag frozen corn, carrot, asparagus mix
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- freshly chopped parsley to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Dice onion, carrots, and celery and add to a large soup pot.
- Add a splash of veg broth and saute over med-low heat until softened.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant (about 30 sec)
- Add potatoes and green beans and increase heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionaly.
- Add broth and increase heat to high.
- One the soup is simmering, add tomatoes and frozen corn. Stir to mix well.
- Bring the soup back to a simmer, then lower the heat to low and cover.
- Let soup simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, and parsley to taste, and finish with the lemon juice.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread
Keywords: vegetable soup