Trying to cut red meat out of your diet? These Sloppy Soy Curls are a fast and delicious alternative to hamburger-based Sloppy Joes.
Soy Curls Marinade
- 3 cups Butler Soy Curls (dry)
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder ((optional))
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder ((optional))
- 1/2 tsp Mrs Dash Seasoning ((optional))
Sloppy Joe Mix
- 1/2 Onion (white)
- 1 Bell Pepper ((red or green))
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Jalapeno (minced)
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 bottle Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce ((18 oz bottle))
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Add dry Soy Curls, hot water, and soy sauce to a large bowl and set aside. Stir occasionally.
- Chop onion and bell pepper and saute in the vegetable broth until softened
- Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for 1 minute
- Drain soy curls, squeezing out any excess water, and chop finely. Add to pan with veggies and stir.
- Add Tomato Sauce, BBQ Sauce, and Vinegar and stir.
- Simmer over med heat until reduced to desired consistency.
Keywords: sloppy soy curls