Imagine Smoked BBQ Soy Curls with a smoky pineapple & poblano relish, topped off with my Creamy Vegan Coleslaw. Ok BBQ fans, this one is gonna rock your world.
- 20 oz can Pineapple, finely diced (save the juice)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Poblano Pepper, finely diced (or Green Bell Pepper)
- 8 oz bag Butler Soy Curls
- 1 cup saved Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup hot Water
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tbs BNV BBQ Rub
- 2 cups BBQ wood chips for smoking
- Creamy Vegan Cole Slaw
- Your favorite buns
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce
- Prepare coleslaw first if using
- Also, prepare BNV BBQ Rub recipe – unless using store-bought
- Drain pineapple juice into a large bowl, add apple juice, water, soy sauce, and soy curls. Allow the soy curls to rehydrate for at least 15 minutes.
- Finely dice the onion, bell pepper, pineapple, and poblano. Mix together in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare wood chips by soaking for 30 minutes, drain, and then place them inside an aluminum foil pouch or disposable aluminum cooking tray and sealing with foil. Poke holes throughout to allow smoke to escape.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat by using only 1 side of gas grill or placing charcoals on one side only. Using a charcoal chimney will prepare the charcoals for grilling very quickly.
- Drain soy curls (saving the liquid) and place the soy curls and relish onto a large metal sheet pan.
- Place wood chip pouch or box directly onto coals (or gas flame) and add grates.
- Place the pan of soy curls & relish onto the cool side of your grill and smoke over low heat for approximately 1 hr, stirring occasionally.
- Add BBQ sauce or leftover marinade as needed (or desired).
- Assemble sandwich by placing smoked soy curls onto a bun of your choice, followed by a spoonful or 2 of relish, and topped with coleslaw.
Keywords: vegan bbq, soy curls,