A spicy Seitan Sausage that replicates the famous Cajun Sausage used in the south, Great in Gumbo, on a roll with some hot mustard, or especially sliced up in my Vegan Jambalaya recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup White Beans
- 1 cup Veg Broth
- 4 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper ((adj to taste))
- Warm up your steamer.
- In a large bowl mash beans with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Add in veg broth, soy sauce, tomato paste, and all the spices until mixed well.
- With a fork, mix in Nutritional Yeast and Vital Wheat Gluten until a dough forms
- Knead dough for a minute or two and then cut into 4 equal pieces
- Stretch and roll each piece until a sausage shape is formed
- Roll tightly in Aluminum Foil and seal ends by twisting
- Steam for 45 minutes.