Rice, Veggies, and just the right amount of spice brings this Vegan Jambalaya to the plant-based world. Add in my Andouille Seitan Sausage and you can almost hear the band down on Bourbon Street!
- 2 Ribs Celery (chopped)
- 1 White Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped finely (add more to taste))
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 Cups Veg Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Rice
- 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup White Beans (I added what was left over from the sausage)
- 2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (can be omitted if you can't find it)
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 Vegan Andouille Sausages (sliced (or more to taste))
- Chop all veggies and saute in 1/4 cup Veg Broth until softened
- Add in tomatoes and beans, and stir well. The beans are totally optional - I just had 1/2 can remaining from the sausage and didn't feel like storing them)
- All all spices and mix well
- Heat until bubbly and then add in Veg Broth and Rice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover for 45 minutes.
- Stir in Sausage during last 5 minutes or so if using.