A spicy mix of Napa Cabbage, Carrots, Green Onions, and Korean Chile Flakes to satisy any spicy food lover.
- 1 large head napa cabbage
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbs salt
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup water
- 1 palm-sized piece of kombu
- 4–5 baby bella mushrooms
- 2 Tbs rice flour
- 1 Tbs arrowroot or cornstarch (if needed)
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 white onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbs miced ginger
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup gochugaru korean chile flakes
- Wash cabbage, cut into quarters lengthwise, then bite-sized pieces, and add to a very large bowl
- Add 1 cup of water and 6 Tbs salt and mix thoroughly
- Set aside and stir/massage ever 30 min for 2 hrs
- Chop green onions, and mix with carrots in a separate bowl – set aside
- Add kombu and sliced mushrooms to another cup of water – bring to boil
- Remove kombu & mushrooms and add rice flour – whisk to thicken.
- If porridge does not thicken, add arrowroot or cornstarch
- Set aside to cool.
- Mince onion, garlic, & ginger in food processor
- Add to cooled rice porridge along with maple syrup and soy sauce
- Stir in chile and mix thoroughly
- Drain cabbage and rinse thoroughly – at least 4 times
- Let drain completely at least 30 min
- Thoroughly mix cabbage, veggies, and sauce.
- Lightly pack into canning jars, covered loosely
- Let ferment on counter 3-5 days then store in fridge.
Keywords: vegan kimchi