This is my Instant Pot version of my Vegan Bean With Mushroom Bacon Soup. From dried beans to a flavorful soup in just about an hour. Super healthy and loaded with plant-based protein and beneficial fiber.
Creamy Bean Soup
- 2 cups Dried Pinto Beans ((rinsed))
- 1 Onions ((diced))
- 2 Carrots ((diced))
- 2 ribs Celery ((diced))
- 3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 can Tomato Paste ((3 oz))
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 8 oz Portobello Mushrooms ((sliced))
- 2 Tbs Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 3/4 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Slice mushrooms and discard stems. Place mushrooms in a ziplock bag.
- Whisk the remaining bacon ingredients together to make a marinade and add to the bag with the mushrooms. Seal and shake well.
- Set mushrooms aside for now, but occasionally flip and shake bag to distribute marinade.
- Dice onion, carrots, and celery and add to Instant Pot. Add 2-3 Tbs of water or Veg Broth and press the SAUTE button.
- Saute veggies until softened and then stir in garlic. About 30 seconds later add in the water, broth, and all seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Rinse and drain beans and add to pot.
- Add the tomato paste to the center but DO NOT STIR. Attach lid and press the MANUAL button. Set time for 45 minutes.
- Afterwards, allow to naturally vent for 10 minutes.
- While IP is venting, dump the entire bag of mushrooms and marinade into a skillet. Saute until softened allowing marinade to cook off and evaporate.
- After 10 minutes of venting, CAREFULLY release remaining pressure on IP and remove lid. Stir in mushrooms and taste for any adjustments to seasoning. Salt and pepper as needed. (or hot sauce - yum)