With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought I'd share with you probably one of my easiest recipes yet. My Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes, dairy-free of course. It's a staple for the holidays, and I wanted to show you how easy they are to make.
- 3 lbs potatoes (about 6 russets, yukons, or a mix of both)
- 5 cups of water (or until potatoes are covered)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tbs white miso (or to taste)
- Clean potatoes and peel if desired. Cut potatoes into 1/2" rounds and place in a large pot or your 6 qt instant pot.
- Add enough water to cover, which was about 5 cups in my IP.
- Add 1 tsp salt and garlic cloves.
- If using IP: attach the lid and using the STEAM setting - cook for 12 minutes. Use the QR method to remove the pressure.
- If using STOVETOP: bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook until soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully drain the water, reserving about 1/2 cup for later
- Add almond milk and mash until smooth and creamy
- Season with salt & pepper.
- If the potatoes seem too dry, add a little bit of the reserved potato water until you reach your desired consistency
- Stir in miso and mix well. Whip with an electric mixer if desired and serve with your favorite gravy.
- A sprinkling of paprika or chopped chives makes a nice garnish.
Keywords: vegan garlic mashed potatoes