Ever had Vegan Gyros? However you pronounce it, they're simple to make, SUPER delicious, and you'll be getting your helping of fresh veggies for the day!
- 12 oz Extra Firm Tofu ((drained and patted dry))
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 1 English Cucumber ((peeled))
- 3 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Fresh Dill
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 16 oz Portabello Mushrooms ((sliced))
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 2 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbs Water
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- English Cucumber ((sliced))
- Cherry Tomatoes ((sliced))
- Red Onion ((sliced))
- Romaine Lettuce
- 4-5 Pitas ((or use Wraps))
- Drain Tofu and pat dry, slice into smaller cubes and add to blender.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients to blender and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary
- Pour into bowl and set in fridge until ready to serve.
- Place mushrooms in large skillet.
- Whisk remaining marinade ingredients together in a small cup (bowl) until smooth and pour over mushrooms.
- Cook mushroom over medium heat until reduced in size and most of marinade has cooked off.
- (Optional: Place mushrooms under broiler for extra crispness)
- Using your favorite Pita (or wrap) spread some of your favorite Hummus down the middle of each Pita and layer on fresh Veggies and Mushrooms. Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce. Wrap and enjoy!