A Vegan Italian Beef Sandwich perfect for dipping. Marinated Soy Curls cooked in a homemade Italian 'beef' broth, and topped with spicy homemade Giardiniera. Not quite Chicago - but close!
- 8 oz Butler Soy Curls
- 1/2 Onion ((diced))
- 8 oz Mushrooms ( )
- 3 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 3 cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth ( )
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Dark Beer
- 4 Tbs Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 2 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbs Pepperocini Peppers ((with juice))
- 2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Fennel
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Onion ((thinly sliced))
- 5-6 baby Carrots ((thinly sliced))
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers ((sliced))
- 1/2 cup Peperoncini Peppers ((with juice))
- Saute onion, garlic, and mushrooms until softened
- Add remaining Broth Ingredients and bring to a low boil stirring to combine
- Add Soy Curls and simmer for 30 minutes
- In a separate saucepan, combine all Giardiniera ingredients and simmer until tender
- Drain soy curls from broth and save broth for dipping.
- Add the cooked 'meat' to your favorite bun or roll and top with Giardiniera.
- Dip in Au Jus and enjoy!