Vegan Italian Meatballs made from riced cauliflower, minced mushrooms, and Bulgur Wheat. The perfect accompaniment for your family Spaghetti Dinner.
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 2 cups Mushrooms ((diced fine))
- 2 cups Bulgur (cooked)
- 1/3 cup Vegan Parmesan ((see recipe below))
- 2 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1 Flax Egg
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat Cauliflower, mushrooms, and garlic in a large pan until softened (about 5 minutes). Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in Tomato Paste and heat for an additional minute.
- Prepare Flax Egg by mixing 1 Tbs Ground Flax Seed and 2 1/2 Tbs boiling hot water. Once it begins to gel, add to cauliflower mixture and stir.
- Stir in Vegan Parmesan and cooked Bulgur. Mix well.
- Allow to cool enough that you can comfortably handle the 'meatballs' in your hands.
- Form mixture into 15 meatballs (a little less than 1/4 cup each). Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully turn meatballs and cook for an additional 10 minutes.