A rich and flavorful Roasted Bell Pepper Soup that is 100% Vegan, uses NO added oil of any kind, and comes together in just minutes. Perfect for a light and tasty meal.
- 1 med Onion ((diced))
- 2 ribs Celery ((diced))
- 2 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes ((15 oz can))
- 1 jar Roasted Bell Peppers (water packed) ((16 oz jar))
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 1 Potato - Russet or Yukon ((peeled & diced))
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 1 pinch Brown Sugar ((optional but cuts the acidity))
- Saute onion & celery in a few tablespoons of water or broth until softened.
- Add minced garlic and simmer until fragrant - about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and stir
- Drain & rinse the peppers and add them to the soup.
- Add broth and the peeled and diced potato. Stir to combine.
- Cover and bring to a low boil. Cook 15 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid and check potatoes for doneness. Then carefully blend either using a regular blender or an immersion blender.
- Add seasonings to taste. (Optional but good - stir in 1 Tbs of your favorite dairy-free Vegan Sour Cream. )
Garnish with chopped Green Onions, Homemade Croutons, and/or Vegan Sour Cream. Serve with your favorite crusty bread.
Donations are always welcome!