This Vegan Sopa de Fideo is pure Mexican Comfort Food. Think homemade Tomato Soup - with noodles. It comes together in minutes for a quick and hearty meal.
- 1 pkg Fideo Pasta (vermicelli or angel hair will work too) ((7 oz))
- 1 med Onion ((diced))
- 2 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1 can Peeled, Whole Tomatoes (San Marzano) ((28 oz))
- 3 cup Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 1 tsp Mexican Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- Toast pasta in a dry baking pan at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until browned.
- Dice onion and add to a large soup pan. Saute in 1-2 Tbs Veg Broth until softened.
- Add Oregano, Cumin, Chili Powder, and minced Garlic and stir until fragant. About 30 seconds.
- Add Tomatoes with juice and stir to mix. Simmer for a minute or so and then blend entire contents of pan either in a regular blender, or with an Immersion Blender.
- Add broth and stir to mix, then add noodles.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles have softened.
Garnish with fresh Cilantro, chopped Green Onions, or Avocado.
Tips are always welcome!