Ever had non-vegan friends over for dinner that you really wanted to impress? Then you HAVE to try my Vegan Tempeh Chorizo, they may not even realize it’s vegan!
- tempeh (6 oz package)
- 1 Tbls apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbls water
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Easy New Mexican Red Chile Sauce
- Prepare Red Chile Sauce ahead of time
- Remove tempeh from packaging and chop into crumbles
- Add tempeh to a bowl with the water and vinegar, mix thoroughly
- Add all the spices and mix again
- Finally, add the Red Chile Sauce and stir until combined.
- Use in place of hamburger or sausage in any Mexican Recipes.
- Can be heated in an oven or skillet
Keywords: vegan tempeh chorizo