Remember the broccoli & cheese potatoes we would get at Wendy’s? These Vegan Twice Baked Potatoes are WAY healthier! And delicious too!
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1.5lbs ea)
- 1 cup steamed broccoli (chopped)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese sauce
- 1 Tbs unsweeteend almond milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- chopped green onion & ground paprika for garnish
- Scrub potatoes and prick several time with a fork. Bake in 400° F oven for 1 hr 15 min.
- Remove potatoes when a fork will insert smoothly. Allow to cool 20-30 min.
- Prepare cheese sauce according to recipe. Reserve 1 cup and store the rest in an airtight container.
- Microwave broccoli and chop uniformly. Pack a 1 cup measuring cup and set aside.
- Remove top 1/3 of potato (lengthwise) and discard (or eat).
- Scoop out flesh to within 1/4″ of the skin and place in a bowl.
- Mash potato flesh with 1/2 cup cheese sauce, broccoli, garlic powder, salt, & pepper.
- Pack mashed potato mixture back into the potato skins and bake an additional 15-20 min.
- Drizzle with additional cheese sauce if desired and garnish.
Keywords: twice baked potatoes