This rich, decadent, nut-free Vegan Garlic Alfredo will surprise you with its secret ingredient. Who knew Alfredo could be so creamy without any added fat?
- 8 oz Penne Pasta ((I used Spelt))
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes ((no oil))
- 1 cup Steamed Broccoli ((optional))
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 6-8 cloves Garlic ((minced))
- 1/4 White Onion ((chopped))
- 1-2 Tbs Veggie Broth ((for sautéing))
- 1 can White Beans ((15oz can - any small white bean))
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tbs Flour
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Miso
- Mince and chop garlic and onion and saute in veg broth until softened.
- Add beans and their liquid to blender and puree until smooth.
- Add garlic, onions, almond milk, flour, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast to bean puree and blend until very smooth
- Pour blended Alfredo Sauce back into the pan and simmer on low heat until thickened.
- Remove sauce from heat and whisk in miso paste until smooth.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in tomatoes, broccoli, and about 2 cups of Alfredo Sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve and garnish with additional Alfredo Sauce and Vegan Parmesan.
Recipe Link ----> Vegan Parmesan