A rich and satisfying casserole for those menfolk out there who want something a little more hearty. Beer Brats, Macaroni, and Broccoli come together in a Dark Stout Mushroom Gravy that will surely please the pickiest eater.
Dark Stout Mushroom Gravy
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth ((low sodium))
- 2 cups Dark Stout Beer
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce ((low sodium))
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms ((cleaned & sliced))
- 1 batch Vegan Beer Brats
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Pasta
- 12 oz Frozen Broccoli
- 3 slices Dark Rye Bread
Dark Stout Gravy
- Mix all dry ingredients together and gently toast over med-low heat. Don't burn it - just heat the dry mixture until it smells 'toasty'.
- Meanwhile - clean and de-stem mushrooms. Slice into thin slices.
- Add the Veg Broth and Beer and whisk thoroughly to remove any lumps.
- Stir in Soy Sauce and mushrooms and simmer until thickened
- Prepare the Beer Brats according to the recipe instructions. Allow to cool and then dice into small pieces.
- Prepare Pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave bag of Broccoli according to package instructions.
- Pour the gravy into the pan of drained pasta and then stir in the brats and broccoli. Stir well.
- Lightly toast the Rye Bread and them crumble into breadcrumbs.
- Turn the pasta mixture out into a large casserole dish. Top with the breadcrumbs, and cover with parchment paper, and then seal with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove foil and parchment and continue baking an additional 10 minutes.
Donations are always welcome!