What do you get when you combine a freshly baked Muffin - with homemade Pizza? Pizza Muffins! The perfect party pleaser!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Bread Flour
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- Marinara Sauce ((see link below))
- or Homemade Pizza Sauce ((see link below))
- Pizza Veggies (your choice)
- Amazing Vegan Cheese Sauce ((see link below))
- Add sugar and yeast to warm water and stir well.
- Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and other seasonings and mix.
- Add flour and mix well using the dough hook attachment of a stand mixer.
- Allow the mixer to knead the dough until it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients and stirring well.
Recipe link to Marinara Sauce
Recipe Link to Pizza Sauce
- Chop veggies finely and place in bowls to have ready for assembly.
- Once dough is risen, separate into 8 individual dough balls.
- Flatten each ball, using extra flour as necessary to prevent sticking
- Drape 8 muffin cups with flattened dough balls forming cups.
- Spoon 1 Tbs of sauce into each cup
- Top with veggies of choice
- Top with a spoonful of cheese sauce (optional)
Link to Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Bring outside edges of dough up and over top to enclose
- Bake in 500 degree F oven for 10 minutes