Surely a new holiday favorite, Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms. The stuffing could be a dish all by itself, but becomes magical, stuffed inside Baby Bella Mushrooms.
- 12 med Baby Bella Mushrooms ((stems removed))
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white onions
- 1 rib celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Use a small spoon to make an opening large enough for stuffing. Save stems for later use, making broth, or simply discard..
- Bake mushroom caps in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Then set aside.
- Bring veg broth to a boil and then turn off heat. Add thoroughly rinsed rice and cover with lid. Allow rice to steep for 30-45 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- Prepare parmesan topping using this VEGAN PARMESAN RECIPE.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1-2 Tbs of Veg Broth or Water until softened, then stir in garlic.
- Add chopped mushroom stems to onion mixture and simmer until softened, then stir in rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cooked rice and remove from heat.
- Stir in chopped cranberries and vinegar, than stuff each mushroom with the mixture. Top with vegan parmesan.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for an additional 20 minutes and serve,.
Keywords: vegan stuffed mushrooms