What I’m about to say may gross you out, but I was actually one of those guys who loved Miracle Whip.
Yep. I ate many Miracle Whip Sandwiches. You know, just the mayonnaise and bread? Weird huh.
I liked Cheeze Whiz too. Must be something in my genes.
Now the wife, she was a Hellman’s Real Mayo girl through and through but I didn’t hold that against her. I could (and did) eat that too.
But those days are long gone. Mayonnaise today is just too oily and usually contains eggs. Not very vegan, not to mention not very healthy.
But every now and again, you run across a recipe where you NEED mayonnaise. Like the homemade potato salad I made for lunch today.
Yes, I have tried Veganaise, and no I will not use it – WAY too much fat.
No, in these cases you are really left no other choice but to make your own. So that’s what I did. I made mayonnaise and it was AMAZING and it was EASY.
All you need is a blender.
- 12 oz Tofu I used extra firm
- 2 Tbs Lemon juice
- 2 Tbs Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3/4 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Prepared Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Lemon Pepper
- Open and drain package of tofu
- Set on paper towels to drain
- Add all ingredients to blender and combine
- Once combined, blend on high until smooth