Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Did you enjoy your time off with family and friends? Hopefully with lots of tasty, healthy food choices too? One of my readers left me a comment to say she made my Lasagna RollUps for Christmas Dinner! Awesome! Hope you enjoyed it!
But if you DID happen to indulge in some of the more calorie rich treats over the holidays - not to worry! It's simply time to hunker down and get right back to it - right?
No shame, no blame, let's just do it! Ok? Maybe this quick and easy one pot/blender recipe will help!
I love quick and easy recipes and when I saw this recipe for a Easy Fettuccine Alfredo on a YouTube Channel called Tasty Food - I knew I would have to try it. I made few alterations to suit MY taste - and I thought I'd share it with you because it came out wonderful!
Easy Fettuccini Alfredo
This recipe is very similar to my Amazing Cheese Sauce in that it uses potatoes as the sauce base. Can't go wrong with potatoes - right?
Boil up a few potatoes and onions (I used leeks), add to a blender with a handful of cashews, garlic, spices, and potato water and instant Fettuccini Alfredo Sauce! Nice!
Boil up some Fettuccini Pasta, drop in some frozen broccoli, and dinner is ready in minutes! And by reusing the potato pan as your pasta pot - easy cleanup too!
I added some sliced cherry tomatoes at the end with a sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan, which really added a nice flavor to the dish.
Even my non-vegan mother-in-law really enjoyed it.
This is a very basic recipe, so feel free to spice it up anyway you wish. I know a lot of you don't care too much for Nutritional Yeast, but I did add some to the sauce and I liked it. If you don't - simply leave it out as the original YouTube recipe did not use it.
I'm off for a few more days - so stay tuned for another recipe or two! Until then...
Easy Fettuccini Alfredo
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian
A quick and easy Fettuccini Alfredo that uses potatoes as a sauce base. Super tasty and super fast cleanup. Add in some frozen veggies - perfect!
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes ((quartered) )
- ¼ Onion ((diced))
- ½ cup Cashews
- 1 cup Water used to boil potatoes
- 1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice ( )
- 3 cloves Garlic ( )
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast ( )
- Fettuccini Noodles
- Soak cashews in 1 cup hot water while preparing sauce
- Peel potatoes if desired and quarter them
- Add potatoes and onion to a large pot and cover with cold water
- Once the water is boiling, cook for 10 minutes
- Remove veggies with a slotted spoon and add to blender
- Add 1 cup of the potato water
- Drain cashews and add to blender
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Add more water to get the consistency you desire
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Fettuccini according to package instructions
- Add 1 bag frozen Broccoli during last 5 minutes of boil
- Drain thoroughly and stir in Alfredo Sauce
Garnish with sliced Cherry Tomatoes and Vegan Parmesan
I had a few potatoes I wanted to use. If anyone no how to use potatoes in a vegan recipe it’s you, Chuck. And sure enough this recipe did not disappoint. Sadly there are no leftovers for lunch tomorrow.