These Vegan Portobello and Poblano Fajitas have NO OIL and are absolutely delicious using the most basic ingredients.
- 2 large portobello caps
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- your favorite tortillas
- your favorite garnishes
- I recommend tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, salsa verde
- guacamole would be good too!
- Prep onions by cutting thin slices and separating them into rings.
- Prep the peppers by removing seeds and membranes and cutting into 1/3″ strips
- Prep mushrooms by cleaning any dirt, removing stems, and cutting into 1/2″ strips
- Cook mushrooms in a large skillet over med heat until reduced in size. Add a tablespoon of water, broth, or soy sauce if needed to keep them from sticking.
- When almost done, stir in the vegan Worcestershire and cook for an additional minute, then remove to a covered dish
- Now add the onions and peppers to the pan. Add seasoning and cook until heated through but still firm. Again use water, broth, or soy sauce to keep from sticking if neccessary.
- Add mushrooms back into the pan and add lime juice
- Stir and cook an additional minute
- Serve on your choice of tortillas
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato, avocado, cilantro – basically any of your favorites
Keywords: vegan portobello and poblano fajitas