Here's another summertime favorite: an Oil-Free Vegan Pasta Salad.
In this recipe, I used healthy whole wheat pasta, lots of chopped veggies, and a slightly modified version of my homemade White Bean Mayo.
I hope you like it!
I see SO many people on Facebook worried about what they can take to a family picnic or company potluck....
We have LOTS of recipes that are PERFECT picnic food, like this Vegan Pasta Salad. You could also take my Vegan Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Potato Rolls and Corn Butter, and don't forget Jeff Novick's Black Bean Burgers or my own Vegan Beer Brats.
Like I said - LOTS of choices, and choices that even the pickiest omni eater will like.
Oil-Free Vegan Pasta Salad
Prepare 4 cups of your favorite pasta.
Of course, whole wheat pasta is going to be healthier than white, and in this particular recipe I used Rotini style pasta, but Macaroni would work just as well. (And I'm sure you could probably sub in your favorite Gluten Free Pasta too if that's the way you roll..)
Once the pasta is cooked according to the package directions, drain it and rinse it well, then set it aside while we chop the veggies.
I used celery, green onions, red bell pepper, and a little organic radish that was being featured in my local grocery that looked really good. Chop them finely and add them to a large bowl. Go ahead and add the pasta too and give is a stir to mix everything together.
Now, the dressing.
Add all the dressing ingredients to your blender, including the juice from the can of beans, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. It may look a little thin, but that's ok, the pasta will soak it up.
Add the dressing to your pasta and mix well until everything coated.
Easy as pie.
Now just chill that off for a few hours before serving and you've got a healthy, oil-free, vegan pasta salad perfect for that holiday picnic.
Be sure and let me know how you like the Miso in the dressing compared to the Tahini I used in my old version. I like the twang it adds, and I LOVE the fact that it doesn't add as much fat.
See you next time......
Here's another summertime favorite: an Oil-Free Vegan Pasta Salad, absolutely PERFECT for that family picnic or company potluck....
- 4 cups Whole Wheat Pasta
- 2 Ribs Celery (chopped fine)
- 3 Green Onions (chopped fine)
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 - 2 Radish (chopped fine)
- 2 Tbs Pimento
- 2 Tbs Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 can Cannellini Beans w/juice (15oz)
- 3 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbs Miso
- 1 Tbs Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Tbs Spicy Brown Mustard
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- ¼ tsp Dill Weed
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse well when finished and set aside.
- Chop all veggies and add to a large bowl
- Add all dressing ingredients to your blender, including the liquid from the can of beans and blend on high until smooth. It may look a little thin, that's ok, the pasta will soak it up.
- Gently toss pasta and veggies together and fold in dressing. Gently stir until everything is well coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hrs before serving.