After a long day at work, you want something that not only tastes good but is super easy to make…..like this White Bean Pasta.
Using only 10 ingredients, this super easy pasta sauce combines Creamy White Beans, Roasted Bell Peppers, and Garlic to make an elegant dinner that comes together in just minutes.
Super easy, super fast, super healthy, and oh man…..VERY tasty.
One pot for the pasta, one pot for the sauce, and a blender are all the tools you’ll need.
And as I said, only 10 simple ingredients…….
Your choice of Pasta
A can of White Beans
Some Roasted Bell Peppers
A can of Chopped Tomatoes
And some common spices…….
This may very well end up being your new family favorite.
White Bean Pasta
To start this recipe we’re going to need some Roasted Bell Peppers.
You can buy jars of Roasted Red Bell Peppers in your grocery, or you can roast your own – which although does take some additional time, is super easy to do.
Simply preheat your oven to 400° and gently wash 2 Bell Peppers to remove any labels, dirt, etc. We’re not going to cut or slice the peppers…..just roast them whole. So place the entire pepper (stem, seeds, everything) on a parchment lined baking sheet and place them in the oven.
After 20 minutes carefully turn the peppers and roast the other side for an additional 20 minutes.
After they are done roasting – seal the peppers in a large ziplock freezer bag to allow them to steam while we prepare the sauce. This will make peeling the outer skin off much easier.
While the peppers are steaming, sauté 4 cloves of minced garlic in a few tablespoon of vegetable broth until softened. Then slowly stir in a 15oz can of Low Sodium White Beans (Cannelloni Beans would work well too) and simmer until heated through.
By this time the peppers should be ready – so carefully cut off the tops and slice the peppers in half in order to remove the seeds and membranes. The outer skin should also peel off very easily now.
Pour the bean mixture into your blender and add the Cumin, Garlic Salt, Sage, Lemon Juice, Nutritional Yeast, and Roasted Peppers and blend until smooth.
Prepare pasta according to the package instructions and drain. Add a can of Chopped Tomatoes to your colander and drain as well.
Place the pasta and tomatoes back into your pot and fold in the sauce.
Finally, give it a good stir to make sure every last little noodle is coated with this yummy sauce….and serve.
Be sure and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And if you happen to do the Instagram thing be sure and hashtag Brand New Vegan so I can see too 🙂 #brandnewvegan
- 8 oz Penne Pasta
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 can White Beans (15oz)
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes (15oz)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Bell Peppers
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast 2 whole Bell Peppers on a parchment lines cookie sheet for 20 minutes
- Turn peppers and roast other side for an additional 20 minutes
- Place roasted peppers in Ziplock Freezer Bag to steam.
- Saute garlic in 4-5 Tbs veg broth until softened
- Slowly stir in beans and simmer until heated through
- Carefully cut off tops of peppers and remove all seeds and outer skin
- Blend beans, peppers, and remaining spices in high-speed blender until smooth
- Prepare Pasta according to package directions and drain
- Return pasta to pan and add drained tomatoes, stirring well to mix
- Fold in sauce and stir until pasta is coated evenly.
The prep time includes roasting your own peppers . If using store bought - the prep time is substantially less.